The set of measures taken by government departments, Crown corporations and designated institutions (including designated bilingual RHAs) to ensure that French Language Services are available and accessible, and publicised as such, and that the quality of these services is comparable to that of services offered in English.
- Quality service should be provided in the official language chosen by the client, patient, resident, family or visitor.
- This service should be made readily available and accessible to the individual.
- A comparable service should be provided in both official languages for all oral and written communications related to the service.
- The active offer is the underpinning of applicable French Language Services policies.
- The active offer applies to all services offered by the WRHA.