Hiring Information for Supervisors & Managers
STEP I : HIRING
These documents will walk you through the process of hiring into a Designated Bilingual Position.
- Please familiarize yourself first with the Recruitment Process to a DBP. It explains who does what and when.
- All employees must be tested prior to hiring, and the Language Proficiency Testing Chart explains that process.
- Provide the employee with the WRHA Language Testing Information Sheet.
- To set up a test, you must fill in the Testing Request and return it to FLS.
- Consult Hiring Principles document to guide you in your decision-making process.
- Once an employee has been hired, we require the DBP Recruitment Results form so we can track filled and unfilled positions, follow up with the employee for orientation, and training if required.
- If you are hiring into a nursing position remember to determine if they are eligible for the Bilingual/French Requirement Nursing Position Grant ($ 2,000) from the Nurses Recruitment and Retention fund. http://www.gov.mb.ca/health/nurses/bfrng.html
- If the employee is hired with a Condition of Employment the Process Chart explains who is responsible for what and when it is done.
STEP II: ORIENTATION AND TUTORING
- As soon as the employee starts in their designated position, please set up an FLS orientation (whether they are bilingual or not) and determine if tutoring is required.
- Provide the employee with the Tutoring Information Sheet
- Provide the employee with How to set up your tutoring sheet
Please note : The policy with respect to Recruitment into a Designated Bilingual Position can be found on this same page, under Policies.
If any of this is unclear or if you need help with any aspect of the hiring process, please contact Angèle Matyi email@example.com
STEP III: ENGLISH LANGUAGE SUPPORT
Have you hired a francophone employee whose English is weak? Here are some resources to consider offering to the employee.