Advance Care Planning
The Winnipeg Health Region has a regional approach to advance care planning. On this site you will find various resources related to advance care planning, goals of care conversations and professional education.
- WRHA Policy 110.000.200 Advance Care Planning – Goals of Care (PDF, 136 KB)
- Advance Care Planning – Goals of Care Form (PDF, 172 KB)
- Quick Summary of Policy (PDF, 16 KB)
- Frequently Asked Questions (PDF, 21 KB)
This presentation provides an overview of the policy including the who, what, when, where, why and how of advance care planning.
Dr. Mike Harlos talks about Advance Care Planning
Helpful advice and tips on how to discuss advance care planning.
“It’s All About Communication” Module
Dr. Mike Harlos sets the stage for productive Advance Care Planning – Goals of Care discussions and provides examples of phrases to use during the conversation.
The following video scenarios demonstrate techniques used in Advance Care Planning – Goals of Care conversations.
- Watch the ACP discussion in Long Term Care
- Watch the ACP discussion in Primary Care
- Watch the ACP discussion in Renal Health
Advance Care Planning Patient Workbook
A guide to advance care planning, with thought-provoking questions to answer, and important details about various health-care treatments, as well as tips on developing and sharing your advance care plan.