Clinical Practice Guidelines
The Winnipeg Regional Health Authority's (WRHA) Mission is to protect and improve the health and well-being of citizens who utilize health care services within the City of Winnipeg. The WRHA is committed in providing evidence-based practice. One tool to support evidence based practice are Clinical Practice Guidelines (CPGs) which are systematically developed publications and tools that are based on evidence derived from journal articles and scientific publications. They are intended to assist practitioner and patient decisions about appropriate healthcare for specific clinical circumstances. The CPGs are reviewed and validated regularly to ensure clinical accuracy, and are to be used as an adjunct to sound clinical decision-making.
Clinical practice guidelines have been developed to establish recommendations, best practices, and standards for the delivery of immunization services in the WRHA. Each program is responsible for reviewing, approving, and adopting these guidelines for immunization services. The guidelines should be applicable for all service providers within the Winnipeg Health Region.
- Appendix A – Maximum-Minimum Thermometer Instructions
- Appendix B – Temperature Log for Vaccines
- Appendix C – WRHA Population and Public Health Cold Chain Failure Response Plan
- Appendix D – WRHA After Hours Vaccine Refrigerator Failure Rescue Procedure (Updated January 9, 2022)
- Appendix D-1 Vaccine rescue locations (Updated November 24, 2021)