Active Tuberculosis Disease
- Respiratory TB disease is frequently mistaken for other lower respiratory tract infections
- Early TB diagnosis improves outcomes
- Clinicians should know the risk factors for TB, the right tests, and who to consult:
- Active TB disease can occur anywhere in the body.
- TB disease outside the respiratory system can be difficult to identify
- Clinicians should have a strong index of suspicion based on risk factors and patient presentation:
Information on Tuberculosis Infection. See relevant section.